Everything you will want to know about caravan storage
You’re not always on the road, so you need a place where to store your caravan. Generally speaking, the choice comes down to the outside of your house and a storage facility. Vehicles equipped for living have been a target for crimes, which is why you should protect your investment. If you do store the camper at home, you don’t have the assurance that you will find it when you get back. The best option is a storage site for mobile homes. Don’t even waste your time researching disadvantages because you won’t find any. In this article, you’ll find everything there is to know about caravan storage.
What is good about caravan storage?
You need a safe place to park your camper, right? When it comes to storing your vehicle, there is no better option than a storage facility. Many companies out there ensure accommodation for vehicles like yours, in exchange for a small fee, of course. If you’re looking to find a caravan storage service in Sussex, you’re in luck because there are many companies servicing this area. But should you really consider a storage facility? As a matter of fact, you should and this is why:
- Solution meant to keep your caravan safe and secure: A storage facility is surrounded by fencing. Additionally, there are alarm systems that deter thieves and attract attention. Caravan storage sites meet high security standards, so your vehicle will be protected.
- Getting your mobile home sparkling: You of all people should know that cleaning caravan is no easy job. Good thing for you that some caravan storage services offer cleaning as well. Storage facilities usually have trained personnel that can clean your vehicle or help you do it.
- Pest control and fire safety: the last thing you want is pests near your living space. Yet, to maintain the ecological balance it’s necessary to use pesticides. What you can be sure of is that a caravan storage firm has hands-on techniques when it comes to pest control. The point is that there will be no vermin in your vehicle. As for fire, there’s nothing to worry about.
Caravan storage recommendations and tips
Maybe you have found a reliable caravan storage facility and you’re on your way to drop off the vehicle. If so, you might want to take into account the following recommendations and tips. They might just come in handy.
- Unload your stuff from the mobile home. This is necessary because the storage facility is open only at certain hours, not to mention that if you leave food in the vehicle, it will be invaded by pests.
- Preparing your static vehicle for storage involved draining water from the system. If you don’t do that, then the pipes will freeze when the cold hits. Let’s not forget about mould.
- Don’t use a cover. It’s not recommended to not use a cover because it can promote condensation. Let storage facility personnel take care of your mobile home.